12. Keep your intensity on life. With steady pressure, even the dullest of knives can make a sharp cut. You can do many things but keeping an intensity on one or a few of them will get you more results.
Tag Archives: lessons
13. Amazing things happen every day. You just need to keep your eyes open and be unafraid to look. Countless times in this trip, I’ve slowed down (usually by force) on long bus rides or other places. In those slower moments you can appreciate things more and notice incredible things. Maybe someone giving some foodContinue reading “13 Days”
14. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. And definitely don’t be afraid of fixing mistakes. The only thing worse than not making a decision for fear of consequence is ignoring a consequence. I always regretted not going on a semester abroad in college. But that doesn’t mean I couldn’t take my own semester abroad. MyContinue reading “14 Days”
15. Be hungry. Don’t be satisfied and don’t accept the status quo just because. The world is because someone said so. It can be if you say otherwise. Taking time off has been a great way to renew that hunger for me personally. Taking a vacation or just a weekend trip to decompress can beContinue reading “15 Days”
16. Steer clear of judgment. People are beautiful if only observed under the proper light. Enjoy all the colors they may shine. It’s so easy to judge because it’s a natural thing to do. We’ve needed to judge our surroundings for survival and many other reasons in human history but it can also be toxicContinue reading “16 Days”
17. Rely on others. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to achieve all that you have until now. Don’t be foolish enough to think you are better alone. We live in such an individualistic society that it’s easy to take credit for most of our achievements or at the very least show a strong desireContinue reading “17 Days”
18. Be the best version of yourself. People will notice and you may even inspire others to do the same without words. I’ve been very fortunate in this aspect, I’ve had so much glowing support during this trip from loved ones back home and also from people I’ve met throughout. You never know when youContinue reading “18 Days”
20. Trust your judgment. More often than not, you are smarter than you look. On the first flight of this trip, me and my friend asked about where we needed to pick up our bags. They told us in our final destination, Cusco. But questioning this advice we decided to check in the Lima airportContinue reading “20 Days”
21. When you run into a roadblock, stop. Don’t panic or complain, take stock of your options. While it may seem crippling to be set back, you never know when you’ll stumble into something great and possibly even better. But it only gets better when we accept our place and make the most of it.
22. Never be afraid to speak your mind, or just speak at all. Tell your story and perspective, but with an open mind. There are no wrong thoughts, just ones that have an opportunity to succeed and ones with no opportunity at all. Being right doesn’t consent the need to gloat, but it does giveContinue reading “22 Days”